The Visian ICL Vision Correction Advantages You Can Gain
Were you told you aren’t an ideal candidate for LASIK surgery? Maybe you are tired of wearing glasses and contacts but still need corrective vision. One potential option is Visian Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) vision correction laser surgery.
This procedure is performed using the latest Implantable Contact Lens technology as an outpatient procedure. The entire process only takes minutes. Most people notice results immediately following their laser surgery.
How Is Visian ICL Surgery Performed?
Visian ICL surgery involves inserting a biocompatible contact lens into the eye. Before the contact lens surgery procedure, your ophthalmologist/eye surgeon will verify your current prescription and choose a matching lens for each eye. If you need bifocals, you can also choose a lens that functions like bifocal glasses.
During the procedure, an incision is made in each eye and the contact lens is inserted. The eye heals quickly, and you do have a follow-up visit with the eye surgeon typically in the next 24 to 72 hours post-surgery.
Benefits of ICL Surgery
1. Immediate Results: You will notice improvements to your vision right away.
2. Easy and Quick Contact Lens Surgery Procedure: The entire surgery takes no more than 10 minutes.
3. Maintenance-Free: You don’t have to clean your glasses or contacts or deal with getting contacts in and out of your eyes.
4. High-Definition Vision: The Visian ICL vision correction gives you HD vision that is vivid, sharp, and clear.
5. ICLs Are Invisible: No one will know that you have ICLs since they cannot be seen like contacts.
6. High Satisfaction Rate: The Visian ICL procedure has a very high satisfaction rate with more than 99% of patients satisfied with the results.
7. Built-In UV Protection: ICLs offer a layer of UV protection to the eyes that is already built into the lenses. We still recommend using UV protective sunglasses as added protection when outside.
8. Perfect for Sports: If you play sports, then the Visian ICL procedure is right for you since it eliminates glasses and contacts, which could both cause injuries in sports.
9. Fully Reversible Procedure: While the removal of ICLs is very rare, it can be done safely and quickly if your prescription has a major change or newer technologies become available that could correct your vision and you no longer need the ICLs.
Who Can Get the Visian ICL Vision Correction Surgery?
An ideal candidate will typically be between the ages of 18 and 50, as this age range is when vision is the most stable. A candidate’s vision prescription should not have changed significantly for at least the previous 12 months.
They also should not have had any prior eye surgeries or a history of eye diseases like retinopathy or glaucoma. Keep in mind, these are just general requirements and may not reflect each individual’s vision correction needs.
As such, it is best to consult with a Visian ICL laser eye surgeon to determine which vision correction procedures would be right for you. For instance, if you are both nearsighted and have astigmatism, then the Visian Toric ICL may be a better fit for you.
For further information about ICL surgery or other laser eye surgery options, please feel free to contact Dougherty Laser Vision at (805) 422-7939 to schedule a consultation appointment today! We have laser eye center locations in Westlake Village, Camarillo, Beverly Hills, Simi Valley, and Encino, CA.