Paul J. Dougherty, M.D. is one of the most widely respected
Refractive Surgeons Internationally
LASIK is a great option for better vision, but it’s not the only option. A good decision is an educated decision. Learn the facts about the surgeon you plan on trusting your sight with.
“WHY CHOOSE DR. PAUL DOUGHERTY”
- Dr. Dougherty is a LOCAL surgeon who owns his own practice. Because he is not affiliated with a large practice management company, Dr. Dougherty answers only to his patients and referring doctors.
- Dr. Dougherty develops and pioneers vision correction technologies. Dr. Dougherty has been involved as a Principal Investigator in six separate FDA studies testing the effectiveness of new laser and lens-based vision correction technologies.
- Dr. Dougherty is a FELLOWSHIP trained Refractive and Corneal Surgeon who has performed over 30,000 refractive procedures.
- Dougherty Laser Vision (DLV) uses a WIDE variety of advanced technology to perform surgical vision correction. Unlike many surgeons who utilize only one type of laser or keratome (instrument to create the flap in LASIK) that they often share with other surgeons, Dr. Dougherty owns and is highly experienced in the use of three different excimer laser technologies and three different keratome technologies (including the first Ziemer Z6 femtosecond laser device in the region). Rather than treating all patients with a single type of device, Dr. Dougherty is able to select the technology that will provide the most appropriate, individualized treatment.
- DLV is the ONLY group in the region with CATz (Topography Guided LASIK) which can IMPROVE NIGHT VISION and now treat IRREGULAR ASTIGMATISM.
- DLV is the ONLY group in the region with the Swiss-made Ziemer Z6 All Laser Cataract, LASIK (flap creator), and INTACS (ring incisions). This three-in-one laser is convenient for patients and the NEWEST femtosecond laser available in the United States.
- Dr. Dougherty is highly experienced in lens-based vision correction techniques and technologies, not just LASIK. Dr. Dougherty helped develop the Visian Implantable Contact Lens (ICL) and was is one of four surgeons in the country to be in the Elite Master’s Club of STAAR Surgical, the manufacturer of the device.
- DLV will REFER you new patients for co-management. Dr. Dougherty has done 30,000 procedures in Ventura County for 15 years and has a LARGE alumni patient database.
- Continuing Education- We are dedicated to providing FREE and EXCELLENT Continuing Education to our affiliate doctors.
- DLV Vision for Life Policy– We have a Lifetime Enhancement Policy available. This policy requires patients to get an annual eye exam to be eligible for ANY kind of enhancement free or discounted.
- Dr. Dougherty is the “Doctor’s Doctor” having performed LASIK and Cataract Surgery on HUNDREDS of other physicians and health care providers including many other LASIK surgeons.
- Dr. Dougherty was one of the first ophthalmologists in the world to have LASIK on his own eyes. Referring patients to a surgeon who has had the exact procedure he performs is the highest level of confidence one can provide to a patient undergoing the surgery.