Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for daily patient care and flow of clinic activities. Position requires good understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care. Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage needed. Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment required. Ability to communicate with patients, co-workers and manager is critical. Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time.
List of Responsibilities/Duties
- Promptly and professionally assists the doctor in patient care.
- Performing technical workups, patient histories and special testing.
- Communicates with patients regarding follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.
- Returning phone calls to patients and pharmacies in a timely manner.
- Respond to refill requests
- Review patient encounter forms in order to ensure the proper charges and total charge matches the current package price.
- Schedule appointments, take payments, set up and file patient records.
- Promptly and professionally assist the doctor(s) in patient care.
- Maintain and clean all equipment used. Report to supervisor if not in working condition.
- Efficiently and accurately interview patients and document histories.
- Accurately perform:
- Refractions – not required
- Diagnostic Testing
- Assists in minor surgery.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular meds.
- Has basic knowledge of contact lenses.
- Utilizes proper eye drop technique and sterility.
- Understands and uses proper sterile technique.
- Utilizes proper universal precaution procedures.
- Understands and communicates well to patients about cataract surgery
- Understands and communicates to patients about LASIK.
- Understands and follows procedures for surgical and procedural consents.
- Displays consistent professionalism.
- Is energetic and empathetic with patients.
- Consistently display positive rapport with fellow employees.
- Cooperates with management staff and physicians.
- Understands role in the clinical team effort.
- Available to Dr. in clinic when needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment.
- Takes pride and ownership in success and image of Eye Surgeons and Physicians.
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to write.
- Must be able to hold arms at shoulder height.
- Must be able to communicate via phone.
- Must have manual dexterity to work with ophthalmic equipment.
Customer Service / Administrative Professional
We are searching for an outgoing, friendly and professional Customer Service and Administrative Professional for a busy full time medical front desk position. The ideal candidate has a charismatic personality, loves people, and is comfortable educating patients on their best options. The ideal candidate will also have strong administrative skills and an ability to manage varying administrative tasks while maintaining multiple priorities with patients on the phone and in person.
The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple phone lines, booking patient appointments, taking payments, checking in patients, administrative paperwork, answering questions about our services and basic patient care and clinical work (we will train).
You will be the first impression that the patient has of our medical practice and as such you must be presentable in every manner. We offer competitive wages, medical insurance and a friendly work environment.
• 4 year College Degree (preferred)
• Excellent computer skills (you will be tested)
• Superb communication skills (written & verbal)
• Strong administrative skills
• Great Customer Service • Positive Attitude!!
• Quick Learner
• Enjoy working with people
• Must be Reliable and looking for a long term position!!
• Must live locally
Please fill out the form below or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com if you think you are a fit for this great opportunity! We look forward to hearing from you.